Saturday 26 March 2022

March 2022 Boardgame Ranking

I stumbled upon Pub Meeple's free ranking program and decided to give it a try on my surprisingly large list of board games in my house and have found it is an excellent tool to bypass my scoring system since really, scores change as times go by. (Note: Games that don't "live" with me or that I've thrown away are excluded from the list.)

As such, I ran this twice. Once for what I thought was best, and once for what I actually want to play or replay right now and averaged the two results which are as follows (with lower numbered ranks being better):

(AVG)
Rank    Item

2    Pandemic: Fall of Rome
2    Horrified
3.5    Black Orchestra
6.5    Pandemic: Iberia
8    Eldritch Horror
8    The Crew: Mission Deep Sea
9.5    Atlantis Rising
10.5    Forbidden Desert
10.5    Lords of Waterdeep
11     The Witching Hour (mod for The Witcher: Adventure Game)
11.5    Last Bastion
13    Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion
13.5    Dead Men Tell no Tales
15.5    Forbidden Sky
17.5    Cthulhu: Death May Die
17.5    Pandemic
18    Temple of Elemental Evil
18.5    The Grizzled
19    El Grande - Big Box Edition
20    Tomb of Annihilation
20.5    Shadows Over Camelot
21    Five Minute Dungeon
22.5    Castle Ravenloft
23    Xenoshyft
25    Wrath of Ashardalon
25    Escape from Colditz
26    The Mind
26    Operation Flashpoint: Fire Rescue
26    Regicide
29    Dark Souls: The Card Game
29.5    Zombicide: Black Plague
30.5    Police Precinct
31.5    Waterdeep: The Dungeon of the Mad Mage
31.5    Love Letter
32.5    The Legend of Drizzt
33    Sequence
35    Chess
35.5    Firefly Adventures: Brigands and Browncoats
37    House of Danger
39.5    Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak
40    The Witcher: Adventure Game
40.5    London Dread
42    Game of Thrones: Intrigue

This just reinforces my amazement at how a small fan made mod made the lackluster Witcher: Adventure Game gain in standing! Maybe I should hunt down mods for the other games down there, or just make some of my own... 

2 comments:

  1. So.... How is Lords of Waterdeep? I keep wondering about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an excellent competitive worker placement game with a D&D theme. Probably better with 3+ people but two is just fine. There is a bit of luck involved too which means you must always adapt your strategies. That said, my wife regularly defeats me in it. =P

      Delete