Saturday 9 March 2013

Familiar Ground

My journal through Borderlands! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Taking an elevator to the surface the area looked instantly familiar - I was in Old Haven. Seems the Crimson Lance here were overrun by the undead and had now joined their numbers. Fortunately they didn't use their guns anymore! I eventually found my way to Dr. Ned's secret underground lab where I found a lot of proof that he was intentionally responsible for the zombie outbreak. With proof in hand I headed towards one of the Lance comm stations, making a slight detour when Dr. Ned's dead assistant, Bill, burst out of the ground to attack me. He was a huge green, angry man and it took quite a LOT of bullets to put him down.

He was -very- angry.

Upon arrival at the comm station I used their 56k relay to inform the Jakob's Corporation about Dr. Ned and to send help. They were impressed by my drive and hired me on to continue the investigation and were also sending a transport to get me out of there. Activating the landing beacon also drew out a lot of zombies unfortunately so I had to hole up in one of Marcus' old shops until the extraction vessel arrived, at which point I made a bolt for it - guns blazing for a quick escape.

Back at Jakob's Cove, a representative of Jakob's corp was there to give me another task: To meet up with another bunch of mercs called "the scooby gang" and then go hunt down Dr. Ned himself at the nearby lumber mill. I was also provided with an electronic key to get past some of the locked areas in that region. After some equipment repairs and restocking of ammo I headed out the town gates to put an end to this madness once and for all. Though, not sure how killing Dr. Ned would alleviate the zombie problem. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment