Friday 28 August 2020

The Two Popes

Surprisingly good!

This film focuses on the life of Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio (Jonathan Pryce) and his frenemyship with Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger (Anthony Hopkins). While there is some religious debate between the two the movie really shines on the more mundane sections of their conversations which are impeccably acted by both leads.

One of my favorite scenes, obviously. :)

Everything about this film gets the thumbs up from me. The third act where we learn about Bergoglio's past is a bit more meh than the rest but it's definitely worth a watch, regardless of your beliefs (or non-beliefs) as it is an entertaining flick. I give it 3.5 red shoes out of 5 and would watch it again.

---

Blaugust Bonus: "What are some of the things that you wish you knew before you started creating content?" -Sandrian

That the 5000 label limit on blog spot isn't a bluff, because I hit it! Shit. I'm having to back track and remove the less used labels so that I can continue posting stuff. Less is better apparently in this regard. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment