Wednesday 26 September 2018

The Equalizer

It's always the quiet ones.

Robert (Denzel Washington) is a quiet man who keeps to himself and has trouble sleeping, which leads him to reading books at a local cafe where he slowly befriends a girl who is in all sorts of trouble. Eventually this "trouble" becomes too much for him to just sit idly by and he decides to do something about it. Violently.

While the overall plot has nothing too surprising, it is definitely entertaining - including the slow paced start. The surprises are more from answering how are all these goons going to die? I quite enjoyed that some kills just "happen", where bad guys are suddenly already dead and/or implied to have suffered. Basically Robert is Batman, without that rule of no killing.

I wonder if I can kill people... faster...

I obviously enjoyed this movie and would definitely watch it again, but stay away if vigilante righteousness is not your thing or if you want some depth to your plot. I give it 3 rolls of razor wire out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I’ve been enjoying your reviews. I don’t think I’ve seen any of the ones you’ve written up, but, still most entertainingly done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always good to be appreciated! :)

      Delete