Saturday 8 July 2023

Blue Lock (Season 1)

An anime about... death match soccer!?

Anime can be just about anything these days, so when it focuses on something mundane (for me at least) like sports I normally opt to skip it. This one is all about soccer, and how the titular experimental Blue Lock facility is trying to generate the best striker out of 300 participants in a series of pseudo death match / knockout trials.


It is fantastic!

Good art, decent story, excellent characters who elicit viewer emotion and almost each episode ends with you wanting to watch the next one. I'm not a sports guy, but I got totally hooked on this and am now waiting for season two! Highly recommended, I even prefer it over Chainsaw Man. You can watch episode 1 here (and probably find the rest too, if you search for it).

No comments:

Post a Comment