Sunday 16 July 2023

The Chess Campaign - Starting Blitz 1 to 10 (126)

[Part of the Chess Campaign]

Chess.com has a few types of game options to pick when finding an opponent, and most have to do with time controls. "Daily" is just, whenever you can make a move I think so that's too slow. "Rapid" goes for about 10 minutes, "Blitz" 5 minutes and "Bullet" under 3 minutes. I decided to try Blitz and found the 5 minute thing is how much time (in total) you have to make moves for the entire game, and certainly not 5 minutes per move, meaning its time to (try) think fast!

Here's how I went for my first ten games of Blitz, keeping track of my own rating that default starts on (400).

1. vini0413: I got trounced by an infiltrating queen who killed my back line (hmm, same way Larry Jr. usually gets me) and resigned as my opponent still had most of his pieces in play. (400) down to (233)

2. mirellaoo: Managed to assassinate the enemy queen early with a bishop after pinning it to their king. Won with only 4.1 seconds to spare! (233) up to (313)


Bishop sniper, or BS for short if you don't see it coming. :P

3. mapleorca: I blundered my way to another loss / missed an opportunity to turn the tide (I really need to look at the reviews more, but I only get one free one a day)! (313) down to (224)

4. Sameh_O: This guy was playing as a black mimic, copying everything I did! It took me too long to get his king into check which shattered the "mirror" as by then I was hurting for time and he still had minutes to spare. Another loss for me through clock pressure at the end: (224) down to (126).

5. DasBloerk: was kicking my ass, until an unforced error let me take the enemy queen. My foe resigned right after that which is strange, as I felt he still would have won if he kept playing. (126 up to 211)

6. Alexsilva_27: I won the battle, leaving my opponent with only a bishop, king and pawn but as I couldn't checkmate the spry enemy king he still won using the clock! (211) down to (161).

7. lenl4: Again I won the board here, but was unable to checkmate to finish! Rather than run out of time I settled for a stalemate. (161) down to (152).

8. Maan_Jaskrat: Finally, I won via checkmate after actually playing well for the most part! I still could have lost my queen early as I'm still blundering but he missed that opening. (152) up to (198).

9. Christine1105: I played as white, opened with King's pawn and she dominated me right from the start and thanks to silly errors had a quick win after I resigned (198) down to (157).

10. KSW97: I played as white, opened with Queens pawn and dominated right from the start managing to bishop snipe his queen early then wreck half his army with a rampaging knight, causing my foe to resign soon after (157) up to (184).

That went about as well as I expected! I'm keeping the 126 in the post title as it was my lowest ranking in this set.

No comments:

Post a Comment