Friday 16 September 2016

Dark Souls: Sir Estus and the Master Key

Tales from Dark Souls - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

The land is broken. How or why it happened... I don't remember. I don't remember a lot of things after putting on that mask. All I know is that in this place, the undead are corralled to the Northern Asylum where they are locked up to wait for the end of the world. Such is my fate, for apparently I too am undead and each passing day brings me closer to losing what's left of my humanity... but not this day. A strange knight wordlessly dropped "the master key" for me through a hole in the roof of my cell which has bought me my freedom.

After wandering halls with folk further along the path to being "hollow" I finally come to a pair of large doors: the exit! Except it is abruptly blocked by a gigantic, fat demon who serves as the very first boss fight. My broken blade does next to no damage to it but fortunately as a wanderer, I've got some pretty good dodging skills. So good that they accidentally take me through a small side door out of the arena.

Your sacrifice will not be in vain.

This is fortuitous since the new path has better equipment for me to use and actual regular enemies I can practice on. I come across the strange knight again higher up... but he is dying so he gives me his flask which is the primary healing item in this game. I leave Ser Estus (so named because he gave me the Estus flask) and eventually find myself back with the fat demon. Properly armed this time, I falchion his rear to death.

His butt might be scary, but his front is much more dangerous!

Finally outside the walls I head up to a nearby cliff to scout out the surroundings when suddenly a giant raven appears and grabs me in its talons!? Wow. That was a short game.

No comments:

Post a Comment