Monday 23 October 2023

The Decluttering

While I am a scrooge, I don't classify myself as a hoarder of stuff but somehow things just keep piling up in my home. Inspired by other blogs that seem to just focus on decluttering which range from smashing an entire room per sitting to targeting a fixed number of random things based on the day of the month, I'm going to try the simplest one (in my head anyway) of getting rid of at least one thing a day - either throw out, recycle, donate - anything to get it out of the house.

And I'm going to post about it too so I can keep track for myself. Not sure if that will be a one liner to the end of my other blog posts or more if the item has an interesting story to go with it. Let's see how this goes, I haven't started and it already feels tough! :P

I think I'll start with easy stuff - today, its the box for a fan. You know how appliance instructions usually say "keep the box in case you need to return it"? Yeah, we keep the boxes, but maybe it's time not to. There are probably a few items like this that can be easy targets lying around!  

Declutter Day 1 - Fan box.

No comments:

Post a Comment