Friday 20 October 2023

Elden Ring: Lord, O Elden Ring

[Part of my Elden Ring journal]

To take a break from the black knife assassins I go talk to a white mask assassin instead who cuts off one of my fingers and insinuates that I can use it to get an audience (in this world that means duel apparently) with his lord. Sure! I warp to the Nokron-adjacent palace of blood and after beating up many blood toads (better than the snow castle XP grind) because I went the wrong way, I find Mogh (again) who at this point I simply steam roll. For good measure I kill that white assassin too.

Then its time to retry Radagon and after a fair few goes which actually starts making me believe I'm playing a Dark Soulsesque game, I manage to beat him and the elden beast once I load up on holy protection gear. Ranni then shows up and disintegrates Radagon's remains and then... ends the game? WTF just happenend? Anyway, it lets me keep playing so I do - without accepting the offer of "Journey 2" which I assume is New Game+.


That sword was a person. o_o

I solve the pit descent beneath the capital where rolls instead of jumping is the key and in the darkness below find a gigantic three finger thing that burns itself into me. Afterwards I then also complete the fire puzzle at the snowfield ghost village which gives me access to a teleporter which takes me to the top of another freaking giant tree! On the plus side, this means I can parkour evade the fat bards and ants on the branches to make it to the tree house village below.

No comments:

Post a Comment