Sunday 17 July 2016

Skyrim: My One Weakness

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

With all the Thalmor events I had forgotten to return a book I previously retrieved to Urag Gro-Shub at the College of Winterhold. Once there I noticed he had a new parchment on his table though, a partial map to "the Bottomless Pit"?  Curious, I traveled there myself and sure enough - found a deep dark hole. With a shrug I decided to hop on down...

Oh cr*p!

Only to realize this map featured my one weakness: Gravity. Oh yes, did I die a lot. You see it's not just a hole. It's a hole with obstacles! Definitely a lesson in controlled falling. The second map even featured magic rings that you had to fall through in order to open gates at the bottom. Some sections had a "pick one of four tunnels" game. Three end in spikes. Fun! I certainly learned to appreciate the "Become Ethereal" shout here which offers temporary god-mode. :P

(sings) "Under the sea... Under the sea...!"

For a change of pace the fifth area was an underwater city where I needed to find three levers to open another gate down. Good thing I brought the Hunter's amulet of water breathing! After a short stint in rapids (with more spikes) it was back to falling and falling and falling...

No comments:

Post a Comment