Saturday 19 March 2016

Terminator: Genisys

He's back. Again.

This is what happens when the protagonists of the first terminator movie become genre savvy. As expected in the one-up-manship game of time travel, an event occurs to alter the time line and finally break the chain of "fate" that all the previous movies had followed.

Fans are treated to some pieces of Terminator 1 and 2 in the first third/half of the movie and I don't mind Danaerys Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor, nor Varro Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. Arnie is still spouting his one liners which I quite enjoy. I do question the casting of John Connor, but he's passable enough.

Absolutely Terminating.

Action and effects wise everything is great, though I feel they went a little overboard with the number and types of chase sequences in the movie... like helicopter vs helicopter, really? Also there's a lot of shooting projectors near the end which I found equally silly. Still it's worth at least one watch for action fans and I give it three time machines out of five.

Just not sure where the franchise is going to go from here, but hey - anything is possible with time machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment