Saturday 3 October 2020

Code 8

Argues that robocops are better than sentinels.

Born to a poor home, Connor (Robbie Amell) is drawn to some dangerous and illegal work to make a lot of money in a short time to try save his sick mom. To make things more interesting, the world he lives in is heavily policed and (super)powered individuals like himself are treated as second class citizens. While the plot doesn't have surprises the world itself is interesting enough as are the segments where powers are actually used.


The Amell brothers back in action together.

Alas there are a few gaping holes in the story and worse, a few slow sections. I also can't bring myself to believe that "powered" people would be so weak in a world like that. Perhaps all that Marvel and DC media I've consumed has colored my judgement? Anyway, a good enough flick especially if you are a fan of the Amell brothers (yes, "Green Arrow" Stephen is here too). I give it 2.5 psykes out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that I watched it, and wasn't unhappy at the end.

    And that's about all I remember about it, so... I guess it entertained me, but it wasn't memorable to me at all either.

    ReplyDelete