Monday 30 November 2015

MMO Agendas: Achievement vs Equality

[Part of my MMO Design Folder]

Based on the ATITD Test of the Coalition I thought it might be fun to see how the rest of you feel about the following agendas when it comes to MMOs. I not only invite but encourage you to post your own thoughts on your respective blogs or if it's more convenient, in the comment section below.

Today's Agenda: Achievement vs Equality

Do you feel that developers should spend more time putting out of the way and/or difficult achievements and/or content such as end game raids to cater to that crowd or to focus on developing more generic content for everyone - equally?

My stance on this is pretty straight forward: new content should always be created for everyone, and not be behind any form of gear, pay, time, group size, or difficulty wall. It's a shame many MMOs only push out content for select groups. The end result of any "wall" as far as I'm concerned is elitism, and that's not a mindset I care much for at all.

What are your thoughts on this matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment