Friday 23 October 2015

The Proposal

Sandra Bullock plays an abrasive and much disliked boss who blackmails her assistant (Ryan Reynolds) into marrying her to get around being deported. Of course this lie doesn't go smoothly when real feelings become involved. Yep, another pic by my wife - I found myself laughing quite a lot during this romantic comedy and found it very entertaining. Since there are no explosions or a high CGI requirement they collected decent actors to fill up the cast.

Good leads for this sort of thing.

Betty White is always entertaining for me (fan of Golden Girls, eep) but is outdone by Oscar Nunez's "Ramone". It also helps that the setting quickly changes from that of a busy city to the picturesque Alaska. Bonus points for having an adorable puppy! There are some odd bits such as the Indian chanting segment and why in the world would Ryan Reynolds undress entirely on a balcony IN ALASKA? Is it not cold there? Well, I guess if I looked like Ryan Reynolds maybe it would be different but I digress. :P

If you dislike rom-coms but are forced to see one, this isn't such a bad choice. For everyone else, I give it three and a half Samoyeds out of five. That's three full grown ones and one puppy by the way, don't go chopping dogs up. Surprisingly, I also wouldn't mind watching this again.

2 comments:

  1. Sitka, AK is in the southern panhandle and is very temperature modulated by the ocean, so it doesn't really get much below freezing there in winter, and in the summer it has temperatures in the 70's and 80's, so Mr. Reynolds would be just fine being in the buff out-of-doors there, even into the fall.

    It's a cute pic. I'd give it the same 3.5/5 that you did. I've actually seen it 2 or 3 times and it held up each time, so take that for what you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahha, shows what I know about geography! :P Thanks for the info and the reply Magson! :)

      Delete