Saturday 13 June 2020

Watchmen (TV)

Everyone wears a mask.

In this world where alien squid fall from the sky, Angela Abar (Regina King) is one of many masked police officers hunting down violent masked white supremacists. Things just get stranger from there.

Wow, where do I start? The acting, sets, music selection and even the effects are good. The story is a bit wonky sure, but I think its the delivery or pacing where it actually falls down. For example I like Jeremy Irons in this, but his segments didn't need to really be floating around piece meal especially in the earlier episodes.

Most of the best scenes include this guy.

Also, I was expecting a superhero show and while there are super powered individuals they are few and far between. It's still passable TV, but if you want a superhero show without super powers I suggest trying seasons 1 and 2 of Arrow or some other Arrowverse show instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment