Wednesday 19 February 2020

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Let's hope it ends here this time.

Turns out Anakin can't do anything right after all, as the Emperor Palpatine is quite alive and is busy orchestrating "evil machinations" through use of... his cult of engineers and secret planet of infinite resources? As usual, they have a ridiculous weak link in their grand plan which is exploited to an obvious outcome. You'd think they would have learned after the Death Star.

So much anger!

The story isn't about him though, it's still about Kylo (who is more likable on this film) and Rey (who is less likable). It helps that Kylo's arc is basically cooler while Rey is a moron. Not as bad as Finn though, who literally shouldn't have been in this movie (or the last movie). Would have been better had he died at the end of Force Awakens, but no - studio wanted a black dude because ... multiculturalisms!?

As usual the special effects are top notch and while this movie had a few problems, it was nowhere as bad as the Last Jedi - I give it 3.5 reanimated dead actors out of 5. This re-usage of dead people is really becoming a thing huh?

4 comments:

  1. Huh. So they used the KOTOR Star Forge in the movie?

    Interesting.

    I still think that the biggest problem with the sequels is that the story lines weren't consistent. They didn't know exactly where they were going from movie to movie, and it showed.

    I think they should have let Dave Filoni and his team who were behind The Clone Wars and Rebels, craft the storyline for the sequel movies. Dave and Company --with input from the acting team such as Ashley Eckstein-- did a great job with the Star Wars universe and were likely better equipped to handle the sequels than anybody else. (Hell, even the SWTOR team was better equipped.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're on the money re: "they didn't know where they were going from movie to movie".

      They need to sort that out if they intend to make more films.

      Delete
  2. I left the theater feeling ok after this one. Not great, but not disappointed either. I was disappointed after TLJ. I didn't hate it like so many seem to, but it was just "meh" for me.

    This one.... was fine. Can't say I loved it, but I didn't mind it at all. As I said with TLJ -- I enjoyed the spectacle, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete