Tuesday 31 December 2019

Surviving Mars

Requires micro management!

As something I got free from Epic Games I didn't know what this was till I loaded it, and I can safely say it is not my cup of tea.

With the objective of colonizing the red planet, you are in charge of everything from the budget, to where to land the build rocket, how to power your base, where to build your dome, how the power cables and pipes are connected to facilities, if said facilities turn off at night (because solar power only works during the day), which people to bring to your dome (based on age/traits/talents/defects), what place do they work (down to which shift) and ultimately how to send rockets back to Earth to make a profit.

Operation make Mars look like a junk pile: Commence!

Phew! There's a lot going on, but there's also a shit load of waiting, even with things sped up. Wait for research. Wait for build completion. Wait for rocket to arrive. Wait for colonists to have babies. So yep. Not for me.

Also, the second tutorial mission just doesn't work which doesn't give me much hope for the rest of the game. Anyway, if that sounds fun to you - go for it. Otherwise, send it off to Mars!

No comments:

Post a Comment