Friday 26 October 2018

Memento

"Now, where was I?"

After suffering an injury during a home invasion, Leonard (Guy Pearce) can no longer make new memories but that doesn't stop him in seeking revenge in this well written and well acted thriller.

Now there are few movies that I've seen which require your full attention at all times, but this is clearly one of them as half of the story is presented in reverse chronological order.

But is this a lie?

While it makes it harder to follow, it also makes it far more engaging. Guy Pearce does a fantastic job as Leonard, but so are the rest of the cast. As I don't want to spoil it, I'll just say if you haven't seen it yet please do so, as it is a very good film. Just be warned, it's not one you can switch your brain off while watching. I give it out 4 insulin shots of 5 and would certainly watch it again.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have to admit that you're getting more creative about replacing the "stars" rating with something else. I wouldn't have guessed "insulin shots" however, unless there was Wilford Brimley involved somewhere saying "Dia-beetus..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, well I do still use something related to whatever I'm scoring so you can guess there are insulin shots in this film. :P

      Delete