Thursday 4 October 2018

Split (2016)

People with problems are better than those without.

In this M. Night Shyamalan thriller, a group of girls are abducted by a kidnapper with a multiple personality disorder. This serves as a fantastic vehicle for James McAvoy to show off his range of acting talent. Everyone else was good too, it's just he literally had ... 9(?) roles to fill.

It also helps that the script and cinematography are spot on, though I did find it funny how there always seemed to be an excuse to keep making the girls slowly undress as the film went along (but hey, it turned out to be important)!

Many personalities, many faces.

Not something I thought I'd enjoy, but it's now something I'd probably watch again and can recommend it to people who like thrillers, or movies like Unbreakable. I give it 3 windows out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment