Sunday 31 August 2014

Today I Smiled: Survived Blaugust!

[Post #32 of the Blaugust Challenge! :P]

Huzzah! It's with some pride and relief that Blaugust is over, and that I managed to meet this years brief (at least I think I did!). The bonus "about you" segments were becoming killers. Obviously daily posting is not for everyone as some burned out on the way or were about to burn out. Apart from that during the course of the event I certainly removed less blogs from my list over there, as most people were not only posting within a month but within a week! Hopefully that continues.

What's next for me? Well, daily posting is draining for me so I think I'll be taking a break tomorrow and then going back to my more relaxed 2-3 days per post. Might post more movie reviews as they've become quite fun to do but I'll try throw in more real life stuff too - and of course get back to gaming related topics. Also now's a good time to answer a question Rowan asked during Blaugust - "Why did you title your blog what you did? Do you think the name still fits?"

I named it the JVT Workshop because it's supposed to remind me to actually make and showcase my stuff! As the final Blaugust Bonus for my readers is that JVT are my initials, if you haven't actually guessed it after all this time. Does it still fit? Well, other than making noise via posts (and my NWO foundry creations) not really because I'm slacking off too much. At the beginning I even hand drew the images for each post. That obviously stopped a long while back because it was simply easier that way. Maybe I need to try get back on that horse.

For now though, let us all celebrate with the musical stylings of Pipe Guy!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on Blaugust victory! Have fun on the movie reviews...I think I saw Contains Moderate Peril is starting a CMP film club, in case you were interested.

    Dude, Pipe Guy rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thanks Zyngor, I'll check out CMP. Also glad you enjoyed Pipe Guy! :)

      Delete
  2. Well done on completing Blaugust.

    I think a number of folks are relaxing on the post frequency in September, so you'll not be alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is post exhausted? :P Thanks welshtroll!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on finishing Blaugust! :)

    ReplyDelete