Thursday 7 August 2014

Adam Chaplin

[Post #8 of the Blaugust Challenge!]

Starring and directed by Emanuele De Santi this Italian film at its core is a revenge story that happens to be VERY VERY GORY. The basic plot is that Adam comes home one day and discovers something nasty done to his loved one. Seeking vengeance he does what any normal person would do: summon a demon from hell and sell your soul to it to become ultra powerful. Then you can smash and dismember all the bastards who did it and anyone else who gets in your way!

Yup. I seriously summarized the plot in that paragraph, but what a fantastically bloody journey it is to behold. From the very first moment you see Adam you know that he's more angry and violent psychopath rather than tortured hero out for justice. Also you might notice he is super fit!

This is one of the tamer parts of the movie.

There isn't much good acting in the movie (Adam himself might be the only passable one), but each new person that appears is a potential bloodsplotion waiting to happen so you tend to enjoy more fodder showing up... if you like your gore and violence that is. However, if you don't like seeing people getting their faces exploded, cleavered, set on fire, impaled, dismembered, chopped in half, and literally torn apart into seas of blood and intestines then this movie is probably not for you.

For everyone else I give it three righteous fists of demonic fury out of five!

Blaugust Bonus: I don't really have a problem with gore, maybe its because my older brothers let me play Doom when I was a child. The other thing they made me do is learn the weakness of all the creatures in Monster Manuals I and II of Dungeons and Dragons in case I ever ran into them. I still think that's pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment