Games of the void. In this case, void of interest for me.
Voidwrought
This platformer is functionally ok though it does feel from the little I played like the protagonist has the strength of a wet noodle - and that's already following the quest marker! While I'm not usually into this type of game due to backtracking, I have managed to stick with and finish the few whose stories managed to grab my attention. Alas, this isn't the case here giving a very alien sort of protagonist who I didn't care much about. Story is important! If you like platformers this might interest you, otherwise stay away.
Citizen Sleeper
This heavy reading game has you playing in an artificial body in space, and surprisingly has many mechanics similar to Blades in the Dark including die rolls and clocks but excluding an important one: death. It seems you can just hobble along badly impaired as much as you like, but not really a spoiler: its not fun.
The lower quality art and game play that sees you taking less and less actions doesn't do it any favors. It's like those stupidly designed board and card games that tell a player to "miss a turn" or "lose half a turn", which basically tells people to play it less. You can do yourself a favor and just not play it at all.
Tuesday, 1 September 2026
Voidwrought and Citizen Sleeper
Labels:
Blades in the Dark,
Epic,
Not Worth Playing,
PC,
Platformer,
Review
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment