Wednesday, 12 August 2026

Gary (The Bear TV)

A weak standalone episode when compared to its parent show.

This special flashback episode of the Bear takes place between Season 4 and Season 5, focusing on Richie (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) and Michael (Jon Bernthal) as they do an easy delivery run to Gary, Indiana. A lot of this is just these two guys talking shit while en route and killing time only hitting the heavier acting stuff towards the end. And it does end pretty abruptly too. I kinda wish there was more going on here, but as it stands this falls in the not recommended bucket - just skip it and watch the main series as it doesn't add anything. 

A good measure for a flashback series or film is to ask, "if I watched this first, would I then watch the main series"? The answer in this case is a resounding no.

No comments:

Post a Comment