Sunday 18 August 2019

The Seven Questions

Dipping my toe into Blaugust 2019 as a non-participant since this question thing looked like a fun distraction to participate in!

What hobbies or interests do you have that you might not regularly include on your blog?

I'd say the biggest one is music - looking for songs, learning songs, getting annoyed when songs just don't work well with me or vice versa. Yes, it's a skill thing but also some beautiful pieces are simply just not suited for my style. Especially with voice, things get out of range fast. Since I just perform for family and friends this stuff never really makes it onto the blog.

Are you learning any skills at the moment? If not, what would you like to learn?

This will sound silly but I would like to learn perfect pitch. Being able to start on key without an opening note would be fantastic. Also finger tutting, just because.

If you were invited on a one-way trip to Mars to establish a new colony, would you go?

Before getting married, definitely. I actually talked to my family about this years ago with the serious intention of applying if it ever came up. Of course, there's no way I would have passed whatever physical/mental tests would be required (more so now!) but the willingness to leave everything and everyone behind? Tick. Why? It's not that I'm unhappy here, but mankind's future lies out there. Also I'm a bit of a loon. :P

Now, I have more than myself to think about and can't even get to Pripyat, much less Mars.

What is the one thing that you most want readers to come away from your blog with? A feeling, thought, or understanding.

Hmm, that's a good question. Mild entertainment is the current answer, at least for those who enjoy my stories. Attaching a feeling to the blog sounds like a good idea, though I'll have to be careful if I'm going to attempt that.

What excites you most about having a blog?

I get to pour out some of my insanity to infect the world! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Or, you know. At least my tiny corner of the world wide web. Ultimately, it just makes me feel good.

If you could make one thing from a book, TV show or movie real, and in your possession, what would it be?

A functional Wave Rider, the time ship from Legends of Tomorrow.

They say everyone has at least one book in them — if you were to write a book, what would it be about?

It would be very loosely based on my guild, though it will be less book and more web comic if I ever get past the world building stage, which is surprisingly difficult.

2 comments: