Thursday 29 November 2018

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Getting hit by lightning is nothing!

Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) is tasked in stopping a nuclear threat and assembles a team of familiar faces to do so. His plot armor has also grown thicker in this movie as things go his way through sheer dumb luck, especially towards the finale.

The cast do a good job though, as do all the stuntmen in the extended vehicle scenes and hand to hand combat near the start. Props to Tom for all that sprint training too!

He's really good at running!

The movie has a lot of gotcha moments which are both cool and annoying, having a penchant of showing 5 minutes chunks of events that don't actually happen.

Being the sixth in the franchise, it's obviously a good idea to watch the predecessors, and while its not one I'll actively seek to watch again, I suppose I will if nothing else is on. Definitely only for action and or MI fans, I give this 3 rubber masks out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Ahaha, this is an actual movie? To be honest that title made me expect a joke post about the newest Fallout game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's an actual movie. As for Fallout 76, I was only mildly interested pre-release but now with everything I'm reading about it I think I'm going to stay well clear of that train wreck. :P

      Delete