Sunday 31 July 2016

Skyrim: Matryoshka Orb

Adventures in Skyrim - spoilers ahead! You can follow the rest of the story here!

Following the map we found previously only led us to a dead guy being watched by a friendly flaming wolf named Wolfmeat. I imagine the corpse was of the seer, for on his person was a strange book, full of maps superimposed on dragon portraits. Thirteen of them. We decided to go check the first one out and found a friendly giant, two more dead mages (of the psjiic order), and a strange floating orb... which I could go in. Magically I suppose, since it looks rather small. Perdida could not follow.

Only good things sit inside magic orbs right?

Definitely not small on the inside though as I found myself in an arena type space, my opponent - another ascended mage named Samel. Dolan had nothing compared to this guy who was shooting all sorts of bad stuff from every orifice (so much I couldn't take screenies)! It took a lot of health pots and ultimately a few invisibility ones too (that I collected from those assassins awhile back) to give me the upper hand and slit his throat.

The journal he carried mentioned all sorts of strange things, like his soul seeking another vessel or some such. I didn't really pay it any mind as I spied a second orb hovering nearby. Determined to clear this matryoshka orb I jumped into that one too - into another arena. This one guarded by the dragon Aaldu. If Samel was a 10 on the difficulty scale, this thing was a 15. I needed to use the Arbiter's Decree to stun the thing when it was landed to finally deal fatal damage, and it still forced me to use heal pots! Welp, that's what they are there for.

Needed the Decree to force it to land too.

My victory dance stops suddenly when I see yet another floating orb in the distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment