Monday 9 September 2013

Festival Freelancing

Part of the Tales of Skrmischa in Neverwinter Online!

OBSTACLE COURSE @ Zoma666 (NW-DHWE5IMMC)
Signed up for guard duty for the Summer Festival and my first challenge was a non-combat obstacle course test which I found really cool.

Having passed the test it was on to the grind, which basically entails fighting off hungry trolls and annoying kobolds in addition to harvesting crops, flowers and herding escaped farm animals back to their pens. It's a pretty good change of pace and a very nice locale to boot. I overheard one of the women say that it was better than the Cragsteep Crypts which I had a chuckle about. The competitive spirit is getting the better of some participants though, especially in the Blooming Boughs where many go to harvest fireblossom flowers. Reports of thievery come in daily but there's little we can do about it as the festival rules clearly state only combating trolls and kobolds.

Also the other night I found someone who seemed... unresponsive... harvesting flowers in one spot repeatedly. As I was heading back to ask what can be done about it a familiar figure came charging towards that man with kobolds in tow. My ex-boss! I readied my weapons to assist but he spotted me and signalled to hold back, evading the kobolds attacks which sliced up the unmoving man to pieces. Only after the stranger was dropped did Mister Skyrim eliminate the his pursuers. I asked him what the heck was going on and he pointed out that the "person" was actually a mind frayed minion, hoarding petals for the dark Fey in Sharandar for their twisted magicks.

Those minions look so life like!

After giving me some reward bags that he didn't need, he left with instructions to seek out and inform him of any more of these brain dead minions on the grounds so that he could deal with them, since the proper authorities wouldn't. It's strange but I'm glad to be working for someone that gets things done again, even if it is just on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment